Aluminium pilea are popular for a few reasons. First and foremost, they are an attractive addition to any garden. Second, they provide a valuable service by absorbing water and storing it in the root system. Finally, they are relatively easy to grow and maintain.
The shopping cart has been disabled temporarily as we upgrade our system, but please feel free to look around at the plants we offer. All orders are currently being fulfilled through Amazon or locally. Thanks!
Pilea ‘Aluminum’ – 4″ Pot
Aluminium Pilea, commonly known as the Christmas Cactus, is a succulent plant that is native to South America. This interesting and unusual cactus is characterized by its large, spindly stems that grow up to two feet tall, and its characteristic clustering of large, brightly-colored leaves.
ALUMINIUM PILEA Features
- The plant should not be given full sun for any length of time
- Its leaves are large and fleshy with razor sharp edges
- It does best in cooler conditions
- * 100% natural plant
- * Cactus is not hard to keep, can be grown indoors or outdoors
- Has a long lasting carefree size
- Sickle-shaped leaves that unfurl into bright red, green, or yellow
- Popular in Modern and Eclectic Gardens
- Aluminium Pilea is great for desk or table top decoration or home decor
- Perfect as an indoor or outdoor holiday plant
- A must-have on any windowsill with its long stems that propagate to create more plants
- Aluminium Pilea makes for a decorative plant
- Cactus is low-maintenance, requiring little watering and no light
- Produces small star-like flowers when mature
The Aluminium Pilea (Alpipila altissima) is a species of flowering plant in the Discospermaceae family. It is endemic to Ecuador and found only in the provinces of Imbabura, Loja and Zamora-Chinchipe. The Aluminium Pilea grows as a small tree up to 8 meters tall, with a trunk diameter of less than 2 meters. The bark is rough, scaly and grayish-white. The leaves are alternate, simple and entire except for the base, which is truncate. They are dark green, glossy and oblong-ovate in shape, measuring up to 12 cm long and 6 cm wide. The flowers are bisexual, white or cream-colored, with five petals that are fused at the base. They are pollinated by bees and yield blue or black fruits that measure up to 5 cm in diameter. The Aluminium Pilea is considered endangered due to its limited distribution and rarity. There has been little study on the plant, so it is not known how vulnerable it is to threats such as deforestation or climate change. There are currently no plans to protect or restore the Aluminium Pilea habitat, but awareness
Aluminium pilea is a great choice for a indoor plant because it is low-maintenance and can grow relatively quickly. Although it is not as common as other types of plants, it does have its fans. One reason why people like this plant is that it looks great in an office or home.
Did you know that the Aluminium Pilea is the worlds smallest known tree? It only grows to a height of around 3 inches and has a trunk diameter of just 0.6 inches!The Aluminium Pilea is also one of the most endangered plants in the world, with just a few hundred remaining in the wild.
Aluminium Pilea has been in pop culture for quite some time now. It has appeared in a number of different forms, most notably as the plant in the movie The Incredibles. Aluminium Pilea is a very interesting plant, and has a lot to offer both gardeners and homeowners.Aluminium Pilea is a succulent that can grow up to one meter in height, and it has a thick stem that can reach up to one meter in diameter. The leaves are ovate or lance-shaped, and they are green or shades of blue or purple. The flowers are small, white, and fragrant, and they come in clusters at the top of the stem.The Aluminium Pilea grows best in areas that receive full sunlight, and it does well in both dry and moist soil conditions. It is not tolerant of frost, however, so be sure to place it in a warm location during the winter months.
1. Aluminium pilea is a great choice for a houseplant because of its many benefits. Firstly, it is low-maintenance and requires little water or fertilizer. Secondly, it is very tolerant of conditions such as low light and low humidity. Thirdly, it is an attractive plant that can add character and color to any room. Finally, it has medicinal properties that can be used in alternative treatments.