Leuconeura marantas are popular for a few reasons. First, they are very easy to keep and breed. They do not require a lot of care, and they can be housed in a small space. Second, they are very colorful and attractive insects. Third, they can produce large quantities of eggs. Finally, they are relatively resistant to parasites and diseases.
Maranta ‘Leuconeura’ – 6″ Pot
11 in stock
Leuconeura Maranta is a small butterfly found only in Papua New Guinea. It is considered critically endangered and has a population of only about 1,500 individuals. Fortunately, this species is also very photogenic, and as such has been the focus of many conservation efforts.
- Made with lycra fabric
- Fabric material can be pressed into 3 different shapes, allowing the Leuconeura Maranta to occupy a unique shape and setting in any environment
- The butterfly’s beauty is showcased through nature-inspired hues and patterns
- The design includes a sparse yet organic feel due to the diverse organic shapes
- Captive butterfly
- Butterfly can be a great focal point for a room
- Butterfly data-along with proper care and feeding methods will be included in careful packaging
- Made of lightweight, easy-to-handle fiberglass
- Clips to your belt quickly and easily without tools
- Durable buckles allow you to adjust the waistband to accommodate different sizes and shapes
- Quick release system lets you pack each pouch without wading through the other bags
- This image of a male L. maranata, Doppler-broadcasted to 2103 species of butterflies found along a trail in New Guinea
- Features a soft, moisture-wicking, flexible suede upper
- Reflective material on back of shoe provides increased visibility
- anti-slip bonded rubber outsole with lugs
- A ~size~.