Grey star calatheas are popular for their striking foliage and large, showy flowers. The plant is named for the Greek mythological figure Calaethon, who was turned into a stone after trying to chase the sun across the sky. The grey star calatheas leaves are light green with a dark green stripe along the margin, and they have bright yellow flowers. These plants are easy to grow and can tolerate a wide range of soil conditions, making them a good choice for gardeners who want an attractive flowering plant without investing a lot of time in maintenance.
Calathea ‘Grey Star’ – 6″ Pot
Out of stock
Grey Star Calathea is a genus of flowering plants in the orchid family, Orchidaceae. It is endemic to the Philippines, where it occurs on the islands of Mindanao and Palawan.The name Grey Star refers to the whitish flowers that are scattered along the stem and branches like stars. The genus was first described in 1839 by Allan Cunningham, who gave it the name Calathea grisea.The Grey Star Calathea orchid is easy to grow and is a great choice for those new to orchids. It requires little maintenance and can be grown in a variety of indoor environments.
- Dark green, glossy leaves
- Available in all shades from ivory to a deep dark grey.
- Funky, fun, and gorgeous all in one!
- Perfect plant for a beginner
- Easy to grow and maintain
- Grow upwards or horizontally
- Middle-size exotic plant
- Great for beginner orchid growers
- Easy to grow, looks great in any spot
- |1839 Heritage
- New Technology
- Unique colors - includes silver, black, white, pink and gold.
- Contains 3 plants in 1
- Coordinates with your lifestyle
- Hardy, easy-to-grow orchid
- Requires little maintenance
- Grows in a variety of indoor environments