Hawaiian spiders are popular for a few reasons. They are relatively easy to keep, they make interesting and beautiful webs, and they are very active hunters.
Spider Plant Hawaiian – 6″ Pot
Out of stock
Who knew that spiders could be so captivating? With their eight legs and spindly bodies, spiders can be quite the sight. But beyond their appearance, spiders also have a lot to offer. For example, they are experts at spinning webs and eating insects. In this article, we will take a look at the Hawaiian spider – one of the more interesting and unusual spiders out there.
- The Hawaiian spider is especially interesting because it only lives on one island.
- They dont spin webs like other spiders. Instead, these spiders use silk to make unique covers for their tunnels.
- These trees and vines provide the Hawaiian spider with all their nourishment.
- Want to know the average time spiders live? The answer is 3 years
- Learn more about their web takedown abilities
- Will you earn yourself a bonus if you know of any other spider species?
- Does this article spark your interest in spiders? If so, make sure to get your subscription for more great information.
- The Hawaiian spider is no stranger to humans and they are found almost everywhere
- These spiders have a uniquely wide head, massive eyes, and powerful fangs
- There are 36 species of this spider that inhabit the Hawaiian Islands. They vary in color and size.
- Uses long, spindly legs to walk
- Has dark brown color, translucent with yellow spots
- Has two rows of much paler yellow/green spots on ventral surface
- Lives about a half inch underneath ground in damp environments