The popularity of the silver streak snake is due to its unique coloring and pattern. These snakes are not only beautiful, but also very interesting to watch. They are fast and agile, which makes them great predators.
Snake Plant Silver Streak – 4″ Pot
Out of stock
Eastern diamondback rattlesnakes are some of the most venomous snakes in North America. But despite their dangerous reputations, these snakes are surprisingly common and can be found throughout most of the eastern half of the continent. In this article, well take a look at one particular species of rattlesnake – the silver streak snake – and its unique adaptations that make it one of the deadliest snakes in North America.
- Accessible, brief write-up on snakes and rattlesnakes
- Interesting fact on the most venomous species in North America
- The silver streak snake
- One of the deadliest snakes in North America with a venomous bite that can kill an African Cape Buffalo in 10 minutes
- Known to be found throughout most of the eastern half meaning if you live near a wooded area, rattlesnakes likely exist there.
- What is a rattlesnake?
- Different species of rattlesnakes
- How does a snake slither?
- Venom toxicity - how poisonous are these predators?
- Describes the mechanics of a rattlesnake and its striking mechanism
- Gives an overview of the biology, ecology, range, and reproduction of the eastern diamondback rattlesnake in North America
- Includes pictures to illustrate the article
- Unique coloration distinguishing it from other snakes in order to prevent being eaten
- Unique hunting strategy
- Nature is designed to serve its own interests, even if this means the extinction of other organisms. This snakes survival illustrates the principles of natural selection