The cylindrica snake is a popular pet because it is easy to care for, relatively cheap, and can be found in many places around the world. They are also known as the Portuguesemans snake, and have a beautiful pattern on their scales.
Snake Plant Cylindrica – 6″ Pot
22 in stock
There are some amazing snake species out there that you may not be familiar with. In this article, we will be taking a look at the cylindrica snake, a serpentine creature that lives in Central and South America.
- Is one of the only snake species to have a head divided into four equal parts
- 4 ribs that divide the head into 80 grooves
- It has 480 scales on each side
- Uses its speargun to impale other animals and make them its prey
- Brief overview of the cylindrical snake and their habitat
- Types of cyndrica snakes; mechanitis venulosa, tatyra lemniscata, and rumfordi
- What these species can tell us about the diverse geographics of Earth
- -Cylindrical snakes are actually quite difficult to mate. When two cylindrica snakes touch, they contract their bodies and form a slimy plug that holds the two for quite a while.
- -The female usually releases 90% of the eggs in one sitting, but will sometimes release them over a period of three months! The male aids in the fertilization process by riding on top of her so that he can deposit sperm near the egg masses…
- -Cylindrical snakes may reach 9 meters in length and 90 kg in weight...