Pilea is a genus of about 60 species of evergreen trees and shrubs in the family Rosaceae. The generic name is derived from the Ancient Greek word πίλα pila, meaning “spike” or “point”, in reference to the pointed leaves. Aluminium pileas are some of the most popular ornamental trees because of their striking appearance and long lasting color. These trees grow well in U.S. Department of Agriculture hardiness zones 6 through 11, but may require a cold winter to maintain their colors. Aluminium pilea foliage is typically bright green throughout the year, with occasional red or yellow highlights. The bark is rough and scaly, with dark brown patches that can be quite impressive. The tree grows to be about 25–30 feet tall at maturity, but can reach 50 feet or more under ideal growing conditions. The tree is relatively easy to care for, requiring little attention other than regular watering and fertilization during active growth periods. Aluminium pileas are vigorous growers and should be planted in full sun or part shade, though they will still do well in light shade if provided with adequate water. Unlike many other
Pilea ‘Aluminum’ – 6″ Pot
Out of stock
Aluminium Pilea is a genus of flowering plants in the family Malvaceae. There are about 20 species of Aluminium Pilea, native to subtropical and tropical regions of the world.Aluminium pilea is a popular houseplant for people who live in tropical or subtropical climates because it does well in low light and can tolerate a lot of moisture. It is also easy to grow, and many gardeners dont mind its slow growth rate.
- Only accommodates temperate or zone 4
- 42cm (16.5 inches) in diameter
- Slow growth rate
- Aluminium pilea is a popular houseplant for people who live in subtropical or tropical climates because it does well in low light, can tolerate a lot of moisture, and is easy to grow
- Its slow growth rate is also one of the plants great qualities; gardeners dont mind its slow growth.
- -Easily grown in low light
- -Does great in medium to high humidity environments
- -A snake bite plant causes roots on new growth
- -Mild taste, has a tendency to make leather like moss
- * (Product Info)
- -Aluminium pilea is a popular houseplant for people who live in tropical or subtropical climates because it does well in low light and can tolerate a lot of moisture.
- -With slow growth, the plant is reliable and easy to maintain.
- * (Product Info)
- -Grow your own indoor garden with this easy plant!
- Suitable for subtropical or tropical climate
- Slow growing plant
- Easy to grow without effort