Autumn ferns, or Polypodium autumnale, are one of the most popular plants in homes and gardens because of their beautiful leaves and unusual spikes. Their popularity is based on several factors, including their aesthetic appeal, their availability, and their ease of care. The leaves of autumn ferns are deeply lobed with a pronounced midrib and sharply pointed tips. The lobes vary in size and shape, giving the plant a variegated appearance. The lobes also turn an intense shades of yellow, orange, and red during the fall season. The plants spikes are made up of numerous small branches that produce dense round leaves. The tips of the branches tend to be spiky. Autumn ferns can be propagated from spores or root cuttings. Spores can be collected from the underside of mature fronds and stored in a cool place for future use. Root cuttings can also be taken from mature plants and stored in moist sand or soil until ready to plant.
‘Autumn’ Fern – 4″ Pot
100 in stock
Autumn ferns are one of the most popular plants for indoor growing. Theyre easy to grow, and provide a beautiful addition to any home or office.In this article, well take a look at the steps you need to take to grow an autumn fern indoors, and well also give you some tips on how to care for it once its established.
- Easy to grow and maintain
- Great decoration choice for the home or office
- Autumn ferns have many benefits that make them perfect to grow indoors. They grow well in minimal light environments, so they are easy to find in deficiency European homes and businesses. They will also thrive in damp locations and make a great addition to indoor plant beds.
- A few steps for growing an autumn fern
- -Place the hardy perennial bulb or autumn fern you want to grow into a container that has drainage holes -The depth of the pot can vary from 1-2 inches -Do not allow compost or soil to enter the drainage hole. Use a quality peat moss like African violet potting medium or potting soil as an alternative
- -Water until moist, then allow it to dry out for about 3 days before water again -When you first transplant your seedling outside, itll need 10 hours of direct sunlight daily
- Autumn ferns are a beautiful addition to any home or office.
- There are many types of leaves throughout the course of the year, from orange and yellow to autumns reddish leaves
- Tips for caring for your autumn fern once it is established include preventing frost damage
- -How to Grow an Autumn Fern Indoor
- -List of Materials/Tools Needed
- -Caring for Your Fern
- Grow an autumn fern indoors
- Several tips on how to care for the plant after its established