Fishhooks senecio (Senecio vulgaris) are a type of ground-hugging flower. They are popular for their decorative foliage and brightly coloured flowers. Some people use fishhooks senecios as a garden ornament, while others use them in herbal medicine. These plants can grow up to 2 feet tall, and have leaves that are lance-shaped and green on the top, and white or purple on the bottom. The flowers are either yellow or orange, and they bloom from May to September.
Senecio Succulent ‘Fish Hooks’ – 4″ Pot
40 in stock
Have you ever seen a fishhooks senecio? They are a beautiful, but deadly, plant. Native to the Mediterranean region, senecios are succulents that grow in rosettes up to two feet wide. Their leaves are triangular and pointy, and their flowers are yellow and have long petals.Fishhooks senecios are popular garden plants because of their bright colors and interesting shape. They also make great cut flowers because of their long petals and sturdy stems. If you want to grow a fishhooks senecio in your garden, be sure to use proper care!
- -Requires sun or partial sun placement; shade-sensitive
- -Requires average water and nutrient levels
- Care instructions
- They are the perfect succulent plant for zucchini
- Gorgeous leaves, beautiful color and shape
- Long-stemmed flowers last a really long time
- 5-6 wide
- Produces beautiful, colorful colors
- Triangular leaves with pointy tips
- Flower has long yellow petals
- What should take care of a Fishhooks Senecio?
- 1. Make sure the soil it is growing in is well drained to prevent the roots from rotting. This can be done by adding seashells or pebbles to your bottom layer first before planting your senecio in that potting soil 2. Fertilize the Fishhooks Senecio every month with an all-purpose watering solution 3. Water your plants sparingly to make sure they receive just as much oxygen as they need. If you are uncertain about how much water your plants should be given, it is best to put them upside down for about two hours then open up the diffuser and see how much moisture is on the soil 4. Encourage frequent light exposure so that during daytime that your plants leaves are fully exposed. This will help increase photosynthesis and produce more blooms 5. If you have any pest problems, treat them quickly with fertilizer 6. Since this plant likes humidity, avoid spraying its foliage too often 7. Provide full sun for maximum flowering
- The Fishhooks Senecio is a succ
- Grow a fishhooks senecio in your garden
- Garden plant with bright colors and interesting shape
- Tough and sturdy stem can be used as a cut flower